Dynamics POS 2009 product overview
Microsoft Dynamics POS 2009 is now available for single-store retail business owners who need an application that's affordable and easy to learn and use, with functionality that can eliminate manual processes and increase efficiency. Microsoft Point of Sale helps you track sales, inventory and customer information so you can make smarter business decisions, save time, increase sales, and improve customer loyal. Here's how it can help you:
"Small businesses need POS technology not only to survive against retail giants, but also to keep up with other small and medium-sized businesses that are already benefiting from the insights and efficiencies of store automation."
—Paula Rosenblum, Director of Retail Research
Streamline business processes
Streamline and track business operations, including inventory, supplier management, and POS processes.
- Process transactions quickly with bar code scanning, custom POS buttons, and an easy-to-use touch screen.
- Give associates at the point of sale an easy way to check prices, inventory availability, and location quickly. They can access customer information, handle multiple tenders and partial payments at checkout, and quickly create and process returns.
- Save time and money by integrating credit and debit card transactions at the POS and eliminating the need for expensive card payment terminals and high transaction fees.
- Make informed decisions with accurate information and powerful reporting tools.
- Integrate and exchange information with the Microsoft Office System and Intuit QuickBooks accounting software—make full use existing software investments and share information across applications without adding additional training costs.
"Things go so much faster at the register, and customers' wait time is now down to a fraction."
—Tracie Hiemstra, Owner
Get up and running quickly with easy set up and ease of use
- Help users learn POS procedures in minutes—even if they’ve never used a computer before—with the intuitive user interface.
- Train new employees quickly using the practice mode option.
- Define and track the exact information you want to see about your customers with user-defined custom fields.
- Tap into the skills of Microsoft Business Solutions Partners to provide expert support and assistance, helping you set up and tailor Microsoft Point of Sale to meet your specific retail needs.
"I got my life back. I can drive my kids to the park or go out of town for a wedding and I don't worry."
—Beth Geist, Co-Owner
The Landing Music, LTD.
Track and manage inventory efficiently
- Save time and reduce employee overhead by automating inventory tracking.
- View inventory status: quantity sold, on hand, on order, and more.
- Track and manage items across your store using familiar and flexible stock and sales methods.
- Replenish top-selling items efficiently and negotiate lower purchasing costs by tracking item movement and supplier histories.
- Create automatic purchase orders and identify your best-price suppliers.
- Create bar code labels with a built-in label designer.
Help improve security—and your bottom line
Help reduce shrinkage, false returns, credit card fraud, and unauthorized discounts. With several security roles that can be assigned to employees, managers can control access to sensitive data and track returns efficiently.
Make better, more informed business decisions
- Create interactive real-time reports that identify best-selling items, most productive employees, detailed sales history by cashier, department, category, supplier, and more.
- Access and analyze current, detailed data across your entire store. Identify sales trends in every department or category, evaluate operations and finances, track results from sales and ad campaigns, and set and monitor business policies.
- Export report information in several formats; Microsoft Excel, text, HTML, XML, or e-mail.
- Use the "My Store" feature to customize screens, setting them to display only the reports that are most important to you.
Increase sales and build customer loyalty
- Target customer preferences and display up-sells and cross-sells to cashiers, so they can mention them to customers during transactions.
- Implement automatic discounts for frequent shoppers.
- Create targeted customer mailings based on buying preferences and purchase histories.
Count on technology from Microsoft
When you invest in Dynamics POS 2009, you can rest assured that it's backed by one of the world's leading technology providers. You can count on Microsoft's years of experience delivering business applications and services known worldwide for top quality.
Who uses Dynamics POS 2009?
Dynamics POS 2009 can be used by most small specialty merchandise retailers with a single store or group of independently operated stores. Types of retailers using the system include:
- Wine shops
- Convenience food (coffee shops, fixed item cafeterias)
- Tobacco shops
- Pet stores
- Retail kiosks
- And more